Friday, December 21, 2012

And Melt With You

On this day, December 21, 2012, on the last day of the world, and the longest night of the year...we were married.

We did this in our living room, with our kids in attendance and our moms as official witnesses.   We did this in front of our Christmas tree, with no officiant, just ourselves, self-uniting.

"We have been together for a while, choosing to be together every single day. We don't need anyone else to tell us that we belong together, or to give us permission.  We only need to know it ourselves-that we choose to love and be a family together."

"I can't imagine my life without her."

"I choose you."
"I choose you."


And then kissing, and signing, and eating cupcakes.


Oh my gosh! See my ring? I've been wearing it for six years.  Carl gave it to me for my birthday right before Wendy was born.  I love this ring.  It is pretty, it is special, and it wards off sticky advances from creepy guys with bad breath and chest stubble.

(But now that I'm a real wife, it's not a dirty, whorey lie!)


Why now?
because we are anyway, just not on paper
because my daughter desperately wants us to
because of totally unromantic tax reasons
because he asked me, and I said yes

because life is too damn short.

Obviously, mostly because of the potential for cake.
(chocolate chip red velvet with cream cheese frosting)


I even wore white. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because we've been together 11 years, but I find tax breaks to be very romantic.

    Congratulations on tying the knot!!! And Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEE TOOO! Especially because I do both of our taxes anyway, and it is kind of an ordeal. Now it's like...a conjoined ordeal or something :-)

    ReplyDelete