Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wherin I Prove Myself Classy.

Things to do at an interview to impress people (or possibly show that you are a tacky and horrible person):
  1. When asked why you want to teach, reply "for the money." (Funny, right? I thought so.)
  2. Wear only suit Monday. Go in to unexpected second interview on Tuesday morning wearing gray pants and button down blue shirt, looking like a Circuit City employee.
  3. Arrive soaking wet because you forgot your umbrella, had to park in the back of the building, and just ran across two parking lots through drenching rain. Talk to lots of suits about your "love of literature" looking like a frizzy, drippy squirrel.
  4. Realize that zipper is down and stealthily adjust the issue when principal in suit turns his back. Realize that secretary mostly likely saw you do that. (silently vow to burn these pants)
  5. Ask blunt question about the school's system of rigorous testing using the phrase "chafe under restrictions."

Interviews suck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be here. When I called I expected it to be much much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha.
    Only so bad as to require me to be awake at 2 AM thinking about it.
    Damn ellusive gainfull employment.
    But, yeah. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday.

    ReplyDelete