Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How to Fail Labs and Impress People

I have a glucose tolerance test in about an hour. What do you want to bet that I'm gonna fail it? I'll bet you ten dollars.

They tell you "don't fast or deprive yourself, but don't eat sugary things or a lot of carbs before this test." Then they give you a sugary soda-drink, and test your blood an hour later...and if you fail, they tell you you have gestational diabetes and an 17-pound baby is going to come ripping out of your delicate lady parts in a few months if you don't DO SOMETHING NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I had mashed potatoes for dinner, with apple cider and a glass of 7-up, and Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast with about half a cup of coffee this morning before I remembered what I was doing today and what I was not supposed to ingest.

Balls. Great, sugar-coated balls.

SO...I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I had to do it last week, too. I'm concerned that my strict diet of candy corn and bagels might screw up my results. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete