Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gross. But in a Nice Way.

NPR: ...which is why a conversation about being gay, say, when I was 12 or so, might have been a positive thing...

Wendy: Whats gay?

Mo: Gay is when women love other women or men love other men. Like how Mommy and Daddy love each other.  With grown up kisses and hugs.

Wendy: Well thats gross. But in a nice way.

...so...wait. Could there be two Mommies, then?

Mo: yes, sometimes. Sometimes two ladies or two guys will get married, even.

Wendy: But what if they change thier minds?

Mo: Well, people dont usually change thier minds about being gay.

Wendy: *scoff* No Mom. I mean about getting married.

Mo: Oh. Um. Well then they get divorced. Like unmarried.

Wendy: Well, maybe I will marry a girl and a boy. So that way, there can be two mommies and I dont have to get divorced.  That would be nice.

...What if you and Daddy get divorced?

Mo: we cant get divorced, because we're not married.

Wendy: Oh. Well thats nice. Its nice when your mom and dad aren't divorced.

Mo: *proud that I have thusfar avoided a world that combines divorce and my children* Yes. Yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment