Monday, February 13, 2006

Employed

So, of course, I get me a job going 'round filling in for AWOL teachers in schools I've never been to, and the first thing that happens is two feet of snow and a two hour late opening. If I had no job, this



would not have happened. That's right, it's all about me.

The interview on Thursday was as I expected: less of an actual interview, more of a hey-I've-got-a-pulse-and-a-degree-gimme-a-paycheck session. They even put my shit-eating grin on an ID badge that same day. I said I could start on Monday (i.e. today), so of course they called me around eight that night asking if I wanted to work Friday. And then again on Friday morning at 6am.



What, baby? What's that smell? Oh. That's the smell of sixth graders with nervous tics and sugar highs. It smells like cafeteria tuna caserole and Britney Spears' Curious. It also smells like cash.

2 comments:

  1. so it is younglings then? not JHS or HS?

    that kid is getting big, eyes as blue as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some middle schools have sixth graders in them. And apparantly I am allowed to be around them. Joy.

    Yes. Big baby. Constant provider of funny faces. I can use him like my own pallate of emoticons. :-)

    ReplyDelete